Ned M. Rosenberg
Retired Judge Ned M. Rosenberg concentrates his practice in the area of alternative dispute resolution. Judge Ned Rosenberg was appointed to the Superior Court in Essex County in June, 2005. He served in all Divisions until his retirement in April, 2016. The majority of his time was in the Civil Division wherein he served as the Supervising Judge of the Special Civil Part. He presided over Law Division, jury and non-jury matters, as well as Chancery Litigation, as he was also designated as the back-up Chancery Judge. While serving in the Family Division, Judge Ned Rosenberg was both the Lead Judge for Non-Dissolution matters as well as being assigned to the FM or Dissolution docket. Judge Ned Rosenberg served two terms as a Councilman for the Township of West Caldwell before his appointment to the bench. Previously, he was elected to six terms on the Caldwell-West Caldwell Board of Education, for which he served as President for seven years. In addition to serving as a private mediator, Judge Rosenberg is a federal mediator and a mediator in the statewide mediation program for Civil, General Equity, and Probate Cases and Civil Presumptive Mediation Program. Also, he is admitted to the roster of Mediators for Economic Aspects of Family Law Cases.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Commercial Litigation
- Government Affairs
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey (J.D., 1972)
- Case Western Reserve University (B.A., 1968)
- New York University School of Law Attended Masters in Law Program
- New Jersey, 1972
Associations and Affiliations
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member and Co-Chair of the Judicial Administration Committee
- Essex County Bar Association, Member
- Brennan-Vanderbilt Civil Inn of Court
- Barry Croland Family Law Inn of Court
- Marie Garibaldi Alternative Dispute Resolution Inn of Court
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Board of Trustees of the Essex County Legal Aid Association
Awards and Honors
- Special Proclamation of Mayor and Council of West Caldwell recognizing service as a councilman to West Caldwell, February 2006.
- Special Proclamation of Caldwell-West Caldwell Board of Education recognizing 18 years of service to the children of Caldwell-West Caldwell and the school district, April 1998
- Special Proclamation of Mayor and Council of West Caldwell recognizing contributions to the community, April 1998.
- Community Service Proclamation of Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Essex, June 1993.
- Distinguished Service Award for Community Service to West Caldwell, New Jersey, June 1993
- National Leadership and Scholarship from Ommicron Delta Kappa, Honorary Fraternity
Comprising amongst the following:
- What I Wish I Knew, Panelist, New Jersey State Bar Association Annual Meeting and Convention, May 2018.
- Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE)
- including Landlord/Tenant, both introductory and advanced,
- Civil Court Rules Update and Search and Seizure Update (Criminal)
- Ethical Decision Making at Every Stage of Litigation
- Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC)
- including “Baby Judges’ School” and
- the Comprehensive Judicial Orientation Program (CJOP)
- Essex County Bar Association
- including CLE courses on Landlord/Tenant Law and
- Residential Real Estate Transactions for the Young Lawyers’ Section